1 can coconut milk, in BPA-free can
2 tsp. fish oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. honey
3 Tbs. grated ginger
2 tsp. sweet white miso
10 oz. dried rice noodles
1 Tbs. coconut oil
1 medium carrot, peeled
2 cups snow peas, cut 1/4-inch thick on a strong diagonal
1 pound bay scallops
1 tsp. tamari
4 tsp. black sesame seeds
2 Tbs. minced cilantro
1. In a medium pot, whisk together coconut milk, fish oil, garlic and honey. Holding grated ginger over pot, squeeze ginger to extract juices into pot. Discard solids. Cook coconut mixture over medium-low, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in miso.
2. While sauce is cooking, in a medium pan, bring water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain well.
3. While noodles are cooking melt coconut oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Holding carrot over pan, and using a vegetable peeler, shave off thin strips of carrot, rotating carrot as you shave.
4. Add snow peas and toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes, until carrot is just tender. Add scallops, toss to coat with oil, and sprinkle with tamari. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, until just done.
5. Drain noodles well and divide between four serving dishes. Top with scallop mixture and coconut cream. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and cilantro, and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 611 CAL; 17 G PROT; 28 G FAT (21 G SAT FAT); 74 G CARB; 44 MG CHOL; 566 MG SOD; 3.5 G FIBER; 3.8 G SUGARS
PHOTOGRAPHY BY PORNCHAI MITTONGTARE | STYLING BY AMY PALIWODA | FOOD STYLING BY LIESL MAGGIORE