These easy-to-make, no-bake cookies are far more nutritious than any sweet treat has a right to be!
Cocoa-nut Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil, well-softened
- ⅔ cup natural unsalted peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- ½ cup raw honey, or more to taste
- 6 Tbs. dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 11/2 cup coconut flakes
- 11/2 cup whole rolled oats
- Combine coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt in bowl of mixer, and beat until well-combined and smooth. Add coconut and oats, and beat until well-incorporated and mixture forms a loose “dough.”
- Using a tablespoon, drop generous dollops (about 1.5-inch rounds) of dough into a glass storage container or wax paper-lined plastic container. Cover container and chill for 30 minutes in freezer or 1 hour in fridge. (Cookies may leave an oily residue while still wet, but this will harden when they are chilled.) Serve cold.
Calories: 200 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 90mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg
Notes: To reduce sugar content, replace honey with an equal amount of liquid inulin from chicory root. Inulin is a low-calorie, zero-carb soluble fiber that can be used as a mild sweetener.
Plnt by The Vitamin Shoppe Extra Virgin Coconut Oil