Fresh Asparagus Salad with Fennel & Grapefruit
Crisp-tender asparagus, fennel, and tart grapefruit star in this refreshing and filling seasonal salad. Fennel and grapefruit have an affinity for each other, and take asparagus to new heights
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. minced shallots
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- For the salad:
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh asparagus
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced paper-thin (4–5 oz.)
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and cut into segments
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together oil, vinegar, grapefruit juice, honey, shallots, Dijon, and salt in a bowl.
- For the salad, cook asparagus in boiling water, 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon, then drain.
- Combine asparagus, fennel, and grapefruit segments in a bowl. Add vinaigrette, toss to coat.
Calories: 70 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 85mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg
For more seasonal salad recipes – Seasonal Salads