What’s for Lunch?
This hearty, Paleo-friendly pizza features a crust made entirely of meat!
Cuisine: Paleo Zucchini Meatza
- 1 lb. lean ground bison (or leanest ground beef)
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbs. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt, plus extra for zucchini
- ½ tsp. black pepper, plus extra for zucchini
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized (or grated,)
- 1 12-oz. jar of high-quality prepared pizza sauce (no added sugar)
- 1–1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (pastured), optional
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh Italian herbs, such as basil, oregano, or flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, combine ground meats, egg, granulated garlic and onion, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly to just combine ingredients. Do not overwork meat.
- Transfer mixture to 16-inch pizza pan. Gently press meat into circular pizza crust about ½-inch thick (it will shrink by an inch or two in diameter while cooking). Slide pan into oven, and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, drain extra juices, and set aside to rest. Slide oven rack into broiler position, and reset oven to broil.
- While crust is cooking, heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat, add zucchini, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté a few minutes until zucchini reaches desired tenderness and has released most of its liquids. Drain liquids, and set aside.
- Top crust with sauce, and arrange zucchini over sauce. Top with cheese, if using, and broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh herbs to serve.
Calories: 360 Fat: 21g Saturated fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 690mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 39g Cholesterol: 145mg
For more Simply amazing midday meal ideas: What’s for Lunch?