- 1 servingServings
- 1 jumbo egg
- 2 Tbs. ground flaxseed, such as Barlean’s Forti-Flax
- 1 small apple, unpeeled, cored, and shredded
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and/or cinnamon
- 2 tsp. dry sweetener (such as palm sugar or erythritol), or a few drops NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia, optional
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Whisk egg to lightly beat in small bowl. Add flaxseed, apple, spices, and sweetener, if using, and mix well.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat, swirling pan to evenly coat bottom.
- Transfer batter to skillet in three sections, using spoon to shape into three approximately 3-inch flapjacks. Cook, undisturbed, 2–3 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned. Flip flapjacks with large spatula, and cook 1–3 minutes more, until bottoms are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 299
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 208 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 84 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g