Cacao is one of nature’s most powerful superfoods, and it is one of the most abundant sources of magnesium in nature. It’s also loaded with antioxidants, calcium, zinc, copper, and selenium. Cacao contains more antioxidants per gram than blueberries, goji berries, red wine, raisins, prunes, and even pomegranates. It also triggers the neurotransmitters that are associated with elevating mood and mental well-being: serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine. This recipe features not only cacao, but adds goji, and chia seeds for an extra nutritional punch.
Reproduced with permission from Nativas Organics. Recipe submitted by Kelly Nader of @livingwellwithkel
- Makes about 12 barsServings
1 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
1 cup Navitas Organics Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp raw organic honey
1/2 cup Navitas Organics Goji Berries
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw pistachios
1/4 cup Navitas Organics Chia Seeds
1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet on low to medium heat. Once coconut oil is completely melted, add in cacao powder and mix well. Add honey to the skillet and stir for a few minutes to let all ingredients fuse.
- Turn off the heat and add goji berries, chia seeds, walnuts, pistachios, and coconut flakes to the mixture. Give all ingredients a nice stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a parchment-lined 9x6-inch pan.
- Refrigerate for 90 minutes until chocolate mixture has completely hardened. Once set, take out of fridge, cut into squares, let your tasty treats thaw out for a couple minutes before eating, and enjoy!
- Calories: 500
- Carbohydrate Content: 78 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 29 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1310 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g