For more about nutritional and brewer's yeast: Nutritional and Brewer's Yeast
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. water
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch of kale (about 1 lb.)
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. In food processor or high-powered blender, process the cashews and oil into a smooth paste. Add water, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper, and pulse a few times to mix well without overprocessing the yeast.
- Strip leaves off kale, and discard stems. Tear leaves into chip-sized pieces, and place in large bowl.
- Add seasoning mixture, and massage into leaves with your hands, coating them thoroughly. If the mixture is too thick, thin it with a little water or lemon juice.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread out chips. Bake 20–30 minutes, until dry and crispy, but still green. Or use a dehydrator (200˚F for 1–2 hours).
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 28 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 90 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g