- 16 ouncesServings
- 2 cups sugar (any kind)
- 1 cup almond, apricot, or coconut oil
- ½ tsp. vitamin E oil, or contents of two small vitamin E capsules
- 15–20 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. lavender flowers (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, vitamin E oil, essential oil, vanilla extract, and lavender flowers. If you find that your sugar scrub is too crumbly, add more oil. Too oily? Add more sugar. You want a consistency that you can spread and rub easily onto the skin. Pour into a clean pint jar (or divide into smaller jars if you’re giving this away as gifts). This should be good for a few months, so cut the recipe in half if you need to.
- To use, wet your skin and massage in the scrub. You can leave it on your skin for a few moments or wash it off immediately. There’s no need to use soap, unless your skin is feeling uncomfortably oily. And there’s definitely no need to moisturize afterwards! Use as often as you like: once a week is a good exfoliating schedule.