For more Paleo-friendly BBQ recipes: Paleo-friendly BBQ
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. course salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 4 thick slices
- 4 tsp. Basic Mayonnaise (see recipe at amazingwellnessmag.com)
- Chopped fresh chives, basil, and/or thyme
- Preheat grill to medium (350º to 375ºF)
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, coriander, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Place the bison in a medium bowl and add the parsley-spice mixture, the egg, chopped onion, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Mix with your hands just until combined. Shape the meat mixture into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your thumb to make a slight indentation in the center of each patty.
- Grill the patties over direct heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until they register 160ºF.
- Toss the green onions with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill the green onions, turning them once, until tender and lightly charred, about 4 minutes.
- Place a tomato slice on each of four serving plates and top each with a bison burger. Divide the charred green onions among the plates. Top the patties with mayonnaise, and sprinkle chopped herbs over all.
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 1080 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g