- 4 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw agave, or to taste
- 8 oz. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder or chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus additional
- for garnish
- 2 Tbs. maca powder
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, bring almond milk and agave to a low simmer. Whisk in cocoa powder, continuing to whisk until well- blended and completely dissolved.
- Whisk in vanilla, chili or chipotle powder, and salt. Add cinnamon sticks, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, until flavors are blended and mixture is infused with cinnamon.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and whisk in maca until blended. To serve, divide among four mugs and place a cinnamon stick in each. Top with nondairy or dairy whipped cream and a sprinkle of chili or chipotle powder, if desired.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 20 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Sodium Content: 300 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g