This is a great recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth! The peppermint is optional, but it adds festive kick for the holidays. If you would like to sweeten these treats beyond what the natural sweetness and protein powder offers, feel free to add a couple of drops of Stevia or sweetener of your choice.
Recipe by Erica Larson. Reprinted with permission from Sunwarrior.
- Prep Time
½ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup raw cacao butter
2 tablespoons raw coconut butter
1 tablespoon raw coconut oil
2 scoops Sunwarrior Classic chocolate protein
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a mini muffin tin with baking cups. If you want to make them larger, you can use a regular size muffin tin. You can also use any mold of choice.
- Heat the cacao butter on the stove at medium until it begins melting.
- Once the cacao butter begins melting, stir in the coconut oil and coconut butter.
- When all ingredients are melted and thoroughly combined, take off heat and mix in the cacao powder, protein powder, and peppermint extract.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the tin. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then remove and enjoy! These treats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.