For more homemade pesto sauce recipes: Spring Green
- Serves 4Servings
- 3 yellow squash, quartered and sliced ½-inch thick
- 3 zucchini, quartered and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 oz. penne or other medium-size pasta (1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup Dark Leafy Pesto
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss yellow squash and zucchini with oil, and spread on one or two large baking sheets. Roast 20–25 minutes, or until vegetables are browned, tossing once or twice.
- Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Toss penne with pesto and reserved cooking water. Divide among bowls, and top with squash.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 222
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 25 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g