This delicious dish provides a complete protein, a variety of vegetables, and all your essential fatty acids in one shot. The carrot juice adds both color and a wonderful sweetness, but feel free to substitute with vegetable broth, if you prefer. Either way, this is a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 bunches scallions (about 12), sliced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup quinoa, well washed and drained
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Udo’s Oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot and add the onion, celery, and garlic, stirring constantly. As soon as the mixture heats up, add the peppers and continue stirring. When mixture has heated through (but is not sizzling), add half the scallions, the remaining vegetables, and quinoa. Stir well, then add the carrot juice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, adjust heat to medium, cover, and cook about 15 minutes, or until the juice has been absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat, stir in the remaining scallions, and Udo’s Oil.
- Serve at once, generously garnished with chopped parsley.
PER SERVING: 310 cal; 6g pro; 20g total fat (2.5g sat fat); 30g carb; 0mg chol; 380mg sod; 25g fiber;