This versatile salad can be used as the base of everything from a light lunch to a refreshing smoothie.
- 1 1/2 cups organic strawberries, halved
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, cut into one-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs. cherry balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. shredded fresh mint leaves
- Grind of fresh black pepper
Combine all ingredients in glass bowl, and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
PER SERVING: 105 cal; 1g pro; 7g total fat (1g sat fat); 11g carb; 0mg chol; 5mg sod; 2g fiber; 9g sugars
- Serve over mesclun greens for a refreshing lunch.
- Purée 1 cup fruit salad with 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt and 1 Tbs. local honey for a revivifying smoothie.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup fruit salad and add 1/2 tsp. minced fresh jalapeño. Serve as a relish for grilled fish or chicken.