A bevy of naturally detoxifying greens forms the basis of this simple-yet-nutritious salad.
- 1 cup shredded black Tuscan kale
- 1 cup shredded baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2/3 cup shredded baby bok choy leaves
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. microplaned orange zest
- 1 tsp. green peppercorn mustard
Combine shredded greens in large bowl. Whisk together remaining ingredients and drizzle over greens. Toss to moisten, and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 87 cal; 1g pro; 7g total fat (1g sat fat); 5g carb; 0mg chol; 59mg sod; 1g fiber; 1g sugars
- Add orange segments and chopped walnuts for a satisfying vegan lunch.
- Purée 1 cup salad with 1/4 cup cooked edamame, a couple of apple slices, and 1 cup kombucha tea for a cleansing smoothie.
- Combine 1 cup salad with 1/2 cup cooked green lentils and serve with grilled turkey sausages for a hearty dinner.