For more Paleo-friendly BBQ recipes: Paleo-friendly BBQ
- 2 lb. lean beef steak (sirloin, flank, strip), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 Tbs. coconut aminos
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 ½-inch chunks
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag or non-reactive bowl with a lid and add the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, lemon juice, Serrano chile, ginger, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Toss the steak to coat thoroughly with the marinade. Seal the bag or cover the bowl and marinate the steak in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour to prevent them from burning.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat grill to medium (350º to 375ºF).
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade. Prepare the kabobs by threading the steak, pineapple, bell peppers, and onion onto the skewers, leaving a ¼-inch space between each piece. Brush the kabobs with the marinade.
- Grill the kabobs over direct heat, brushing them with the marinade and turning them once or twice, for 8 to 12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and steak is cooked to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g