For more homemade pesto sauce recipes: Spring Green
- 3 oz. dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt, optional
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let soak 5 minutes, then drain, and discard liquid. Cool.
- Place tomatoes, basil (or parsley or cilantro leaves), and garlic in food processor, and process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in steady stream, and process until smooth. Season with salt (if using) and pepper.
- Serving Size: 1-Tbs
- Calories: 75
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 14 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g