PER SERVING: 310 cal; 11g pro; 24g total fat (6g sat fat); 18gm carb; 0mg chol; 740mg sod; 7g fiber; 5g sugar
- Serves 6 to 8Servings
- 1 pound thawed frozen cauliflower florets
- 4 Tbs. ground golden flax seeds (substitute brown flax)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup quartered or chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Mix half the flax with 6 tablespoons of water and set aside. Spread cauliflower on layers of paper toweling or clean dish cloths; roll up to squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Transfer to a food processor. Add flax and water mixture. Add remaining ground flax, almond flour, salt, and pepper. Process to form a thick dough.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet, using your hands to form a rectangle or a circle. Bake for 12 minutes until set and golden.
- While crust is baking, make “cheese”: combine cashews, yeast, coconut oil, salt, and garlic powder in a food processor and process until finely ground. Set aside.
- Remove cooked crust from oven and layer with onion, garlic, spinach, olives, basil, and “cheese.” Return to oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.