- Prep Time
1 cup raw walnuts
½ cup quick oats
3 teaspoons Vegan Spice Mix (½ teaspoon Trocomare, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon white pepper, ½ teaspoon allspice, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon dill weed)
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
4 cloves oven-roasted garlic
1 Portabella mushroom, stemmed and finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
½ medium beet, grated/shredded
½ can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ teaspoon smoked salt
½ cup cooked brown rice
4 tablespoons vegan BBQ sauce
Pack of 8 vegan hamburger buns
1. Toast walnuts over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden brown. Transfer to a blender or food processor.
2. Toast quick oats over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Combine with walnuts and 1 teaspoon of Vegan Spice Mix and 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Natural Protein. Pulse in a food processor until you get a fine meal. Set aside.
3. Lightly spray skillet with olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add onions and sauté. Add oven-roasted garlic, mushroom, 2 teaspoons Vegan Spice Mix, and thyme. Sauté. Remove from heat; add beets and stir until beets release color. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mash kidney and black beans with smoked salt.
5. Add cooked brown rice, walnut mixture, sautéed mixture, and BBQ sauce. Mix thoroughly until moldable dough forms.
6. Toast buns in toaster or oven.
7. Form dough into burger patties and cook in pan (or grill) for about 3–4 minutes, flip over. Cook until desired temperature is reached
8. Dress buns with desired toppings, add patty to bun and Enjoy!