Stir-Fried Shiitake Mushrooms with Tofu and Bok Choy
Recipe by Alison Ashton Stir-fries are an ideal way to experiment with exotic mushrooms.
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. Thai chile sauce, such as sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbs. organic canola oil, divided
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 lb. bok choy, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tsp. water in bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, ginger, chili sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Heat 1 Tbs. canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry tofu 7 minutes, or until golden brown; transfer to plate. Add 1 Tbs. oil to pan. Stir-fry bok choy 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to pan. Stir-fry mushrooms 2 minutes, or until tender. Return tofu and bok choy to pan.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute, or until hot.
Calories: 267 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 396mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 0mg
For more 7 “new” superfoods to try in 2017 recipes: 7 Unusual Super Foods