Speed cold sore healing with the help of homeopathic medicines customized to your symptoms
The herpes family of viruses includes more than 70 known members. One of the most common is herpes simplex 1 (HSV-1), which causes small, irritating, fluid-filled blisters or eruptions on the skin and mucous membranes.
The initial symptoms of a cold sore include burning and tingling sensations around the edges of the lips and nose, where itchy, painful blisters and/or small red pimples form within a few hours. They usually dry and crust over within 8–12 days of onset.
Homeopathic medicines, which focus on enhancing the immune system, can often greatly reduce healing time. Pick the remedy that best matches your symptoms. For acute herpes outbreaks, use a 30c potency four times daily. For chronic herpes infections, take a 6x, 12x, 6c, 12c, or 30c twice daily for two weeks to see if there are any positive results. After you notice improvement, stop taking the remedy, unless symptoms return. Consultation with a homeopathic practitioner is also advised.
Is for people with cold sores who have symptoms of burning herpetic lesions that feel better with warm applications and warm drinks. They tend to feel anxious and restless.
Is for very painful and sensitive mouth sores. The lesions feel very sensitive and are aggravated by cold drinks and cold air. The person feels chilly and irritable.
Mercurius solubilis or vivus:
Is helpful when bleeding gums, a thickly coated tongue, heavy salivation and drooling, and offensive breath accompany the cold sores. The lesions burn and are worse at night.
Is a specific remedy for cold sores that break out from sun exposure, fever, or emotional stress. The lesions are often near the lips. The corners of the mouth are often cracked as well. There is often a strong craving for salty foods. This remedy is also used for cases of chronic genital herpes. The person has a tendency toward depression and avoids the sun.
Is helpful for painful, swollen, itchy vesicles that burn and break out quickly. The person feels restless. Symptoms are worse from the cold or the damp.
Is a useful remedy for red, inflamed, itchy, and burning hepatic lesions. Symptoms are better from cold applications or ice-cold drinks. People who require this remedy are very warm, with a great thirst for cold drinks.
Is a remedy that stimulates an immune response to the herpes virus. It can be used for both oral and genital herpes, and it is also used to prevent recurrences. Take a 30c potency three times daily for three days.
Other Helpful Therapies for Cold Sores
- L-lysine: 1,000 mg three times daily between meals for an acute breakout. For preventive purposes, use 500 mg two or three times daily between meals.
- Lemon balm extract: Apply lemon balm topical cream four times daily to the affected area.
- Lomatium root: Take 1 ml or 500 mg four times daily for acute outbreaks. Lomatium root has immune-enhancing and antiviral properties.
- Propolis: Apply propolis tincture or ointment four times daily to the affected area.
- Vitamin C: Take 1,000 mg, along with 500 mg of bioflavonoids, three times daily.
- Zinc: Take 30 mg twice daily, along with 3 mg of copper. Topical application of zinc sulfate has been shown to reduce the recurrence of herpes outbreaks.
Dr. King’s Natural Medicine Cold Sores & Herpes
Hyland’s Cold Sores & Fever Blisters
Quantum Health SuperLysine+ Cold Sore Treatment